Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stationery Set



This was my first stationery set. It took me about two weeks to finish, and I'm pretty happy with the results. My inspiration comes from Rifle Paper Co. - if you aren't familiar with them, check out their stuff. The invitations, cards and stationery sets are wonderful.


I was pleased with the final impression of the two fonts I chose. I think that the combination is contemporary without being too trendy, and friendly without being too casual or silly.


The image is from an original I made using chalk pastel. I think that watercolor would probably work better, and I'll experiment with that next time. My sister has hinted numerous times that she wants a set like this, so I suppose I'll have plenty of opportunity to tweak that sort of thing.




I love the idea of a calling card. This particular calling card is anything BUT a business card, I feel. The graphic, the border and the cute shape make it so personable. Adding a fun nickname or smarmy quote is essential to keeping it approachable and engaging.

Here are some calling cards I found online that i love:




How fun is that card with the ring size? Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment